The figures for hospitalizations in Ballad Health establishments reflect those of last January | WJHL
JOHNSON CITY, Tennessee (WJHL) – Officials at Ballad Health released the system’s latest COVID-19 figures on Monday, August 16, announcing that 179 patients are receiving treatment for the virus at its hospitals.
This is the highest number of COVID-19 patients hospitalized since January 24, 2021, when the number stood at 195 patients.
Forty patients are currently dependent on a ventilator – double the 22 patients last Monday.
Monday’s intensive care unit (ICU) numbers almost mirror the numbers seen last January – on January 19, there were 57 patients in the ICU; As of August 16, there were 55 ICU patients at Ballad healthcare facilities.
Here’s a breakdown of the COVID-19 data provided by Ballad Health:
- Total number of COVID-19 patients in hospital: 179
- Total COVID-19 admissions: 39
- Total COVID-19 releases: 21
- Total number of PUI COVID-19 (patient under investigation): 13
- COVID-19 patients in the intensive care unit: 55
- COVID-19 ventilator patients: 40
- Pediatric patients at Niswonger Children’s Hospital: 2
- Percentage of the population fully vaccinated: 38.4%
According to Monday’s scorecard, the positive rate stands at 16%, and Ballad used state-reported data to reveal that there have been 23 COVID-19-related deaths in its service area of ââ21. counties in the past seven days.
For full coverage of the novel coronavirus, CLICK HERE.