Jab versus. Employment + Mandate for health workers + Autumnfest volunteers
Welcome back, Woonsocket! Let’s start this Monday with everything you need to know in town today.
There is a list of health facilities who have benefited from an extension of time to achieve 100% vaccine compliance. Correctional officers are to chase. Also Fall party needs volunteers!
First, the weather forecast for the day:
Here are the best stories today in Woonsocket:
- The state has demanded that healthcare workers be vaccinated against COVID-19 or lose their jobs. The deadline was Friday. “Almost 98% of Lifespan staff are partially or fully vaccinated. ” Care New England reports that 97% of workers are vaccinated. However, there are currently 92 establishments that received an extended delay until Halloween to “vaccinate 100% of their staff at 100%”. (Public radio, List of facilities)
- The the union of correctional officers is suing on behalf of its 4,000 members. Among those who filed the action, one was Denina Dunn, from Woonsocket. They are required to be fully immunized by October 17, but want the freedom to say no to the jab without fear of losing their jobs. (List 23)
- The The Atumnfest Steering Committee is looking for volunteers to make the party a success. You don’t need any special skills. It doesn’t matter how old you are. In fact, “youth organizations are encouraged to volunteer”. (Valley breeze)
today Woonsocket Daily is offered to you through Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
Today in Woonsocket:
- The “Imagine women inventors“The exhibition remains open until October 30, Museum of Work & Culture, 42 South Main Street.
- Blackstone River Valley National Historic Park: How do archaeologists study and understand the past? This Archeology Month, check out one of these (free) local programs run by local experts. (Facebook)
Showcase your local business here in the Woonsocket Daily for just $ 79 / mo. Click here to find out more.
You are now in the know and ready to start this Monday! I’ll see you soon. If you like these newsletters, consider bringing more friends and neighbors on board. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Sylvie Cochran
About me: Sylvia Cochran has worked in sunny Southern California and has been writing as a full-time freelance since 2005. Her SEO-optimized web copy includes social media marketing projects and business translations from German to english. She loves dogs, cats, books, plays Fishdom (doesn’t judge), embraces social justice, and tries to live Micah 6: 8.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Woonsocket Daily? I’m all ears. You can reach me at [email protected]