Colorado health organizations call for immunizations, according to CDC guidelines
GREENWOOD VILLAGE, Colorado – Several Colorado healthcare organizations came together to encourage support for COVID-19 vaccinations and adherence to CDC guidelines on Thursday, August 12.
Healthcare organizations are urging residents of the state to adhere to the following:
- All healthcare workers should be vaccinated
- Support healthcare organizations independently adopt COVID-19 policies such as staff and employee immunization requirement while tracking local factors that could impact said policies
- People aged 2 and older should follow CDC guidelines and wear masks indoors, especially school-aged children returning to classes in person.
The vaccines are free and are readily available in a variety of places that are convenient for you. To find a nearby vaccination clinic, visit this site Where This site.
The following co-signatory health organizations are:
- American Academy of Pediatricians, Colorado Chapter
- Colorado Academy of Family Physicians
- Colorado Ambulatory Surgery Association
- Colorado Association of Local Public Health Officials
- Colorado Center of Excellence in Nursing
- Colorado Chapter, American College of Emergency Physicians
- Colorado Dental Association
- Colorado Healthcare Association
- Colorado Hospital Association
- Colorado Medical Society
- Colorado Nurses Association
- Colorado Organization of Leading Nurses
- Colorado Rural Health Center
- Colorado Section of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Colorado Vaccine Equity Task Force
- Colorado Emergency Medical Services Association
- Vaccinate Colorado
- LeadingAge Colorado
- Mile High Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC)
To follow COVID-19 statuses for Colorado counties, please visit this site.